History of the College
The College has been closely linked with the development of Mildura since the opening of the irrigation settlement by the Chaffey’s in the 1880’s. For example, in 1890 the Governor of Victoria, Lord Hopetoun, laid the foundation stone of what was to become the Chaffey Agricultural College, but unfortunately, because of financial difficulties, the College was not built. In 1911, the Education Department of Victoria agreed to erect a high school on the Chaffey College site, and Mildura Agricultural High School was officially opened in September 1912. The Diamond Jubilee of the school was celebrated on the 8th and 9th September 1972. We celebrated our 75th birthday in August 1987 and celebrated our centenary over the weekend of September 13-16 2012.
As part of a strategic plan by the Ministry of Education in 1990, Mildura High School changed its name to Mildura Secondary College to reflect the changing nature of educational delivery in secondary schools. Again as a result of restructuring in education provision since 1995 the College has been known as Mildura Senior College, catering exclusively for the final two years of secondary education.
Mildura Senior College has a long and distinguished history of providing quality educational pathways to thousands of young people living in Sunraysia.