AttendanceIt's not OK to be away!
Rolls are marked lesson by lesson with 90% attendance recommended in each subject.
MSC has a policy that adheres to the VCAA guidelines.
Parents/Guardians are required to verify all student absences including single classes or part days.
Students that live independently are required to verify their own absence and can use any of the methods below.
For prolonged absences please contact the Student's Sub School Coordinator with details. This will assist staff in providing students with work missed.
- Students are encouraged to communicate directly with their teachers for catch up work by email or by phoning the College.
- For family choice extended absence: It is strongly recommended not to take extended family holidays during year 11 and 12. This will impact greatly on outcomes for the student. If however there is a need to be away, the Student Coordinator should be notified as early as possible, enabling work to be arranged prior to the student being away.
- Students arriving late or leaving early need to sign in and out of the College at the Student Services Centre. This does not verify their absence; a parent/guardian must still follow up with verification.
- Parents/Guardians are able to track student attendance at home by accessing their student’s parent portal on Compass.
- Students who miss a SAC (Year 12) or an Assessment Task (Year 11) due to illness are required to provide a medical certificate for that missed task.
Attendance is a significant factor in the successful outcome for our students
Any student non-attendance must be approved by;
Compass (Parent Portal)
- Parents and guardians are able to approve any non-attendance via the parent portal on the College website. You will need your user name and password to do this. Please contact our ICT Department if you require assistance logging into the parent portal by calling (03) 5021 2911 Option 5.
- If there is an issue or query with an unexplained absence and you do not approve the date/s or lesson/s, please email the subject teacher direct or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Your non-attendance approval will not automatically alert your child’s Sub-School Leader or our welfare team. It is important you call the College for anything that requires our attention.
Phone(03) 50212911 Option 1 (answering machine on 24/7)
The following can be taken to the Student Services Centre:
- Medical certificate
- Appointment notification card
- A signed and dated note with the student's full name