FOR STUDENTS FROM NON-PARTNERSHIP COLLEGES
Students from non-partnership schools are required to follow the process below.
How to enrol:
Call the college on 03 50 212 911 to make an appointment for an enrolment interview. You will then need to collect an enrolment application pack from the general office. Please complete this before your interview.
What to Bring to your interview:
- Most recent reports from previous school showing academic achievement, behaviour and attendance records,
- Any certificates (e.g. from TAFE) that the student has completed,
- Formal identification such as Birth Certificate or Learners Permit etc.
- Non Australian Residents must bring their VISA and Passport.
- USI code number
NOTE: Enrolment requests will not be processed until such documentation is provided. The college may also request information from your previous school.
When to enrol:
The College accepts the majority of its enrolments from August to November for the following year.
Requests for mid-year enrolment will take place in early June.
FOR ALL STUDENTS
- The College makes every effort to ensure each student receives the subjects they request. However, factors such as timetable blocks, class sizes and teacher and room availability can restrict subject availability
- The enrolment of some students may only occur if a Student Agreement is negotiated and signed
- It is preferred that students do not enrol after week three of a semester. However, they could do so to prepare for the following semester
- Students applying to select a Unit 3 and 4 (Year 12) subject in Year 11 will complete and submit the ‘Expression of Interest for Accelerated Studies’ on page 114 of the Course Selection Guide
Unique Student Identifier
Some students will undergo nationally recognised training and will be required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
This includes nationally recognised training delivered as part of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Schools programs and vocational training certificates such as First Aid and Food Handlers.
Training organisations will not be able to enrol students or issue Certificates or Statements of Attainment if they have not been given the student’s USI.
Creating a USI account is free. The online USI account will keep an individual’s training records in one place so it’s available anytime on computers, tablets or smart phones.
To create a USI, please go to www.usi.gov.au
Students will need to have ONE of the following forms of identification with them to be able create the USI. Options include:
- Driver's License
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport)
- Birth Certificate (Australian) * a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- Certificate Of Registration By Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
If you have any questions regarding the USI application or number please contact Linda Snoxall (Mildura Senior College VETiS Coordinator) on ph. (03) 5021 2911