At Mildura Senior College we recognise that parents need to play an active role in their son/daughter’s learning. One way in which we provide information to parents/carers/guardians is through our Parent portal.
The portal is a designed to be a place where parents can access information such as:
- College News
- College Calendar
- Student Schedule (Timetable)
- Student Attendance
- Student Reports (Semester reports, Student Learning Profiles (SLPs))
- Parent Student Teacher Conference Bookings
- Course Outlines – Content and dates for major assessments.
- School photos (can be purchased up until the end of the year)
As part of the enrolment process, each family will receive a portal username and password.
If you require assistance logging on to the portal you can call the college on (03) 5021 2911 and select Option 5
Parents are key partners in the education process and Mildura Senior College provides the following information to assist parents in supporting their daughter/son and the college during the final years of secondary schooling.
Parents can expect that:
- Their son/daughter receives a high quality education
- The college will support and enhance the educational and social development of students
- The college will apply VCAA rules fairly and consistently
- The college will apply DEECD rules fairly and consistently
- The college will provide regular and detailed information/feedback to parents regarding student progress
Parents can support the college by:
- Ensuring that students attend all lessons every day, with the correct materials
- Verifying all reasons for student absence by contacting the Attendance Officer
- Monitoring student “screen time” (computers, television, etc) to minimise issues such as cyber bullying
- Ensuring that any homework or revision is completed as stipulated and on time
- Minimizing the disruption to student learning, such as extended family holidays during the term
- Contacting the relevant Student co-ordinator if there any well being or academic concerns
- Responding to all letters, emails, phone calls and SMS regarding student progress
- Supporting the college in relation to decisions made regarding breaches of the college Engagement and Well-Being Policy, VCAA rules or DEECD policy
- Attending PST conferences and other college events to maintain effective communication channels
- Ensuring students maintain a balance between school, recreation/leisure and part-time work
Helpful External Links for Parents
Chances for Children
Chances is a local fund that aims to remove financial barriers for children and young
people in the Mallee to achieve their potential – be it tertiary education, sporting or
Chances for Children Flyer
Victorian Education Website - Beyond School
Learn about career planning and pathways and what the options are if your child finishes school early.
Victorian Education Website - Key Dates
Find information on key dates for the Victorian education system, including term dates, VCE exam dates and public holidays as well as information on national and international weeks that schools and early childhood services can get involved in and celebrate throughout the year. http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/department/Pages/dates.aspx
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
VCAA provides high quality curriculum, assessment and reporting that enables lifelong learning.
Family Relationships Online
Family Relationships Online provides all families (whether together or separated) with access to information about family relationship issues, ranging from building better relationships to dispute resolution. It also allows families to find out about a range of services that can assist them to manage relationship issues, including agreeing on appropriate arrangements for children after parents separate.