The EAL Program is designed to support the integration of Year 11 EAL students into mainstream VCE. The program will give EAL students the support needed to start VCE, with extra support and tuition throughout their timetabled classes.Students will study the following classes:
- VCE English – Units 1 and 2
- VCE Further Mathematics – Units 1 and 2
- VCE Foundation English – Units 1 and 2 – Foundation English is a course which is aimed at students who need additional support in strengthening and refining their literacy skills.
- Tutor class – An opportunity for students to gain assistance with other timetabled classes
- Two additional subjects chosen by the student
- Ten Units in total for the year if all subjects are successfully passed.
- Student do not gain credits for Tutor Class
- Student would transition if capable into a mainstream Year 12 but attend the Tutor Class and enrol in EAL English.
- Student could repeat a Year 11 Program and attempt a Year 12 subject that they found successful as a Unit 1/2 in Year 11
- Through recommendations from Partnership schools
- EAL programs in Partnership Schools
- MELC Transitions
- EAL students who have successfully undertaken the VCAL Foundation or Intermediate Course
If students and families would like to discuss this option further, please contact the school. Interpreters can be booked through the College to assist with discussions.